Saturday, August 16, 2008

Its been a while ...

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while! But neither have you two :(. Its not due to lack of cooking. I have a back log of recipes I'd like to share with you as I have been on a bit of cooking binge lately. I just haven't had time to post them. Some recent highlights are : lemon ginger chicken (Robin you would love this - it involves ginger and seasame seeds), creamy mustard mushroom chicken (made with fat free sour cream, Dad could eat it!), turkey chili, teryaki eggplant tofu stir fry (there you go Suzanne), and poached salmon with cucumber and dill sauce (decidedly not as good as broiling). 

I also made a soy ice cream cake for a friend's thirtieth birthday party last night, and I got a t-shirt out of it! He had t-shirts that said "Danimal's dirty thirty" made as prizes for the dance off, but I got one for the cake, which was lucky because there were some serious dancers ther eand I really didn't have a shot at winning.

But, I was inspired to write this post because lately I've been getting many of my recipe ideas from the banner RSS feed on my gmail account. Its been great; its like google knows what I want to eat. However, I just got a really mystifying RSS feed:

"Men Bra - Bras.Pront.com - 10+ Male bras at Great Prices Shop, Compare and Save at Pronto"

It kind of reassures me that google really can't read my mind. On the other hand, if I'm an overweight transgendered person in 20 yrs we'll know they can predict future. 



1 comment:

Robin said...

OK. Bras.Pront.com. If I ever find myself on a non-identifiable e-mail account with lots of time on my hands I will check this out. Do that site's clientele eat lemon ginger chicken? Maybe it was the poached salmon. I want to hear about lemon ginger chicken! and mushroom chicken! and eggplant tofu! and men's bras! No, not really. You know my invariable and sole approach to tofu, right? just just the teriyaki-type marinade after I've cooked the salmon? When I'm determined to vary it a little, I've added eggplant (cubed and cooked while I cook the tofu- - 400 degrees for 1/2 hour) when I put the cooked tofu in the skillet along with spring onions, cherry tomatoes, whatever.
Congratulations on the shirt! Soy ice cream cake! Wow! How ambitious! No I don't think I want any! But maybe we should pursue it if it's fat-free. Sounds like a great party - - great cake and serious dancers. I thought that Julia Taylor's former roommates were pretty impressive. Similar to your partygoers?
Suzanne and Michael are thinking of having a dj rather than a band for the reception. Michael suggested setting the dj up in the basement kitchen with the speakers out by the fireplace. There'd be room for lots of dancers. Provided I sell the pool table. I've re-posted my ad on craigslist. People who are having a hard time getting gas aren't going to want a pool table. But I figure I'll keep trying for a few months and then see if I can give it away.
THanks so much for your post. Hearing about your partying and cooking gives me a vicarious good time and reminds me that you are well and wonderful. I know you have your N to the G, as Janet would say, so hearing about the other stuff is really reassuring.
Love,
Mom