Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kneadless Bread: our hundreth post!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102124561

Just tried out this bread recipe from NPR. It's really easy--no kneading at all! You don't even need to have a bread pan. The recipe calls for a dutch oven, but I just used a big pot b/c I don't have one. The long rising time gives it a sour dough-like flavor. The crust is nice and brown but not too thick and, as a result of the no-kneading, you end up with a very puffy and light body.

1 comment:

Jody said...

I'm amused its called "Kneadless" bread. Since I ditched the wheat, I find that I really don't need to eat bread at every meal like I thought I did. So the ubiquitous piece of bread with soup, salad, eggs, pasta, whatever, was sort of needless.
But I don't mean to diss your efforts. Congratulations on baking!