Friday, November 26, 2010

Slow Cooker Aloo Gobi

I made this recipe a few weeks ago and didn't like it immediately, but it grew on me the longer and longer it stuck around in the fridge. It also made about 6-7 servings, so I was able to eat it for my entire week of OB nights. Quite the lifesaver. It came from a book called The Indian Slow Cooker. I haven't had the opportunity to flip through the book yet, but the description on the author's website (linked above) makes it sound right up my ally. I wonder if the other recipes are as good, and what portion of them are vegetarian. I found the recipe for aloo gobi in an interview with the author on ABC local. I made few changes. I would recommend not adding tomato. Also, I used 2 jalapenos (seeds removed) instead of the 3-4 chiles called for. Finally, my garam masala used equal parts black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom.

Enjoy!

No comments: