Saturday, August 15, 2015

Faith-based cuisine? A Pie for all.

Brunch for the Senneshes needed to be gluten-free (Joel and Louise), lactose-free (Louise), fat- and bean- and meat-free (Reeves) and sucrose-free (Robin).  Joel offered the notion of faith-based cuisine.  AND Robin wanted to use her garden's second spaghetti squash.  (Reeves by taste, if not by faith, might be in the spaghetti-squash-free camp.)  I made a leek and fennel pie on tortilla shells (using eggbeaters), with parmesan on one side and garden cherry tomatoes and some of my rageddy basil atop the crunchy spaghetti squash.  I cooked the leeks and fennel on the stove, then put them, with eggbeaters, in the tortilla shell, then topped half with parmesan.  Meanwhile I roasted the squash for an hour at 350, then strung it out and placed it atop the filled pie and baked the creation for about 45 min.  I like the crunch.  It's in the middle, below.  I have no idea how to zoom in on it.

No comments: