Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pumpkin cupcakes and waffles

I had a little fall baking fest for Halloween. I used two recipes straight off Smitten Kitchen, so I will just link to them here. I am posting them here together in part because they make such a nice pair. If you get 1 regulation size can of pumpkin you can make the cupcakes for dessert and then turn right around and make the pumpkin waffles (1/2 or 1/4 size recipe) the very next day. And you can top those waffles with the left over maple cream cheese frosting. So delicious.

Pumpkin cupcakes

I made them exactly as described in the recipe. I was too lazy to figure out the frosting roses so I just topped them with black and white Halloween sprinkles.

Pumpkin waffles

I made a half recipe and it made 4.5 waffles on my regulation-sized round waffle making. So many waffles. A full recipe would make about 9. So, adjust accordingly. I used walnut oil in place of butter and it turned out nicely, so that's an option. Also, beating the eggwhites separately made the waffles really fluffy. I don't love fluffy waffles. If you prefer a cakier/denser waffle, consider not separating the eggs. I haven't tried this yet, but I expect it would be good. Let me know if you do give it a go.

No comments: