Sunday, January 30, 2022

Instant Pot Butternut Squash Risotto

 I've been making stovetop butternut squash risotto fairly often lately. I love it, but it is a hassle to stand over the stove stirring for nearly an hour. I tried this instantpot version today, and it was amazing! The thing I really love about this recipe is that it uses short grain brown rice, which I always keep on hand, rather than the traditional white arborio rice.

https://confessionsofafitfoodie.com/instant-pot-butternut-squash-risotto/

Things I changed:

Used 1/2 onion instead of shallot

Used 2T butter instead of 1

Added a shake of white pepper and thyme

Replaced coconut milk with ricotta (happened to have some I need to use)

Garnished with chopped walnuts


Other note:

3 cups of butternut squash was 1/2 of a large grocery store butternut squash 


So excited to have a quicker and easier way to make risotto!


No comments: