Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pie

Toby licks his own rear end and therefore has no business being affiliated with a foodie blog. He shares my love of chocolate--nay, exceeds it, as I would cease loving chocolate were it poisonous to me--so I'll let it slide.

My cooking is far lamer than Mom's. I eat lots of peanut butter and jelly. If ever I make something interesting, I'll let you know. I do excel, however, at eating.

I ate a wonderful Maine blueberry mini-pie that I purchased at a farmer's market in Brunswick, Maine yesterday. It was incredibly old school--it even had lard in the crust! I didn't remember that lard came from pigs when I bought it (oops) so I went ahead and ate it. It was fabulous--the crust didn't fall apart like one made with not enough butter or get crunchy like one made with too much butter. As for the size, the mini-pie was adorable but had too high of a crust-to-fruit ratio.

No comments: