Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies

I really wanted cookies today but had limited ingredients. Sad! I searched the ones below, though, and they turned out nicely. I'd try more molasses next time to give them a little more punch. The ginger flavor is pretty intense.

This recipe is based on the one found here:
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1610,150173-248201,00.html

3/4 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/4 c. molasses
2 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
Granulated sugar

Cream butter and sugar; add egg; mix. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Make into balls the size of walnuts and roll in granulated sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.

1 comment:

Jody said...

mmm ... I love anything with molasses. Also, I found frozen chopped ginger at the bowl the other day! It comes in little 1 teaspoon aliquots. I'm very excited, since I never use up all the fresh ginger I buy.
Hope highland was fun! I thought about you guys skiing and eating ishkibbible :)