Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yummy Garlic Soba Noodles!

Today I saw Julie & Julia. It pumped me up so much about cooking (it was also about 6 so I was getting hungry) that on the way home I dropped by Whole Foods to get some special ingredients. Michael's been talking about making soba noodles for a long time, but they don't sell them at our Superfresh, so I figured today was a good day to try them out. I made garlic soba noodles from 101 cookbooks. It was quite a hit. I used chard for the greens and chose to pan fry the tofu. It was delicious--tasted just like chicken nuggets! Next time I would blot the tofu slices before dredging them. Also, I would make about half as much batter (only 1 egg and less bread crumbs/parmesean). My other addition was to add some black pepper to the cooking veggies. Hot pepper would be good, too.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Yay! that looks amazing. I love buckwheat soba noodles, they are a total standby. I also have found that eden organic makes the best ...