Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Festivities

So, pagan that I am, when easter hit the west coast this year I was in a bar playing pool with Laura and some guy who introduced himself as Jesus. Turns out his real name is Sky Strong (names like these are the sad enduring legacy of your generation, mom). Sky was appropriately hustled at the pool table, but the faith is strong in Laura, and I was forced to remain at the Missouri lounge dancing with to old school hip hop with L. And yes, we were pretty much the only ones dancing. Amazingly, I did this all very sober because I wanted to wake up and going running this morning before I had brunch with Liz Kelley.

Liz and I have a bit of an easter brunch tradition going. This year it was just me and her, which was completely lovely and relaxing. She came over to my place. I had a major bakery fail when I tried to buy hot crossed buns at La Farine. Despite having a huge sign out front saying "Easter special! Hot crossed buns" when I finally got to the front of the line I was denied. They were out, which would have been totally fine, but the lady at the counter was annoyed that I even asked for them, as if I should some kind of spidey sense which would alert me to the fact that they were sold out. Anyways, I left with some other random buns which turned out to be tasty. I also made scrambled eggs (props to Emina's chickens) with leeks and mushrooms in them. Liz brought some fruit and juice and everything was delicious. Liz also brought me some homemade granola which looks amazing. Praise the lord.

No comments: