Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cold Red Cabbage Salad

I LOVE the warm cabbage salad I made last weekend, but it's quite an undertaking.  So, later in the week, I opted to make something simpler with the remaining 1/2 cabbage.  I have always thought that red cabbage was too bitter/tough to eat alone, but turns out I am very wrong.  M. even preferred this salad to the more complicated warm one.  And it has such a beautiful color!  We had it with the remaining pumpkin soup.  Very healthy.

Shred 1/2 red cabbage and 2 carrots, peeled, in a food processor
Stir in a large handful of raisins, some sunflower seeds, some roasted pumpkin seeds, and ~2 oz crumbled feta.
Dress with 2T lemon juice and 2T hazelnut oil.
Serves 4

You could vary this a lot depending on what ingredients you have on hand.  I could see it with apples, parsley, raw beets, radishes... let me know what you try!

No comments: