Friday, January 5, 2018

Braised Pork Tenderloin by Not Suzanne

My apologies to Suzanne, whose identity usurped my Chez Toby access on MY computer.  I shall remain nameless.

M bought us 2 1.7 lb pork tenderloins at Safeway.  I sliced a largish sweet onion and sauteed it in olive oil, probably for 45 min. or more.  It had begun to caramelize.  Reserving the onion and the oil, I switched the pan to roasted almond oil and sauteed 3 large sliced, peeled Fuji apples until they were starting to crisp and brown.  I reserved the apples and that oil with the onion.  Then on medium high I browned the peppered tenderloins in a small amount of olive oil, turning them 3 times.  Then I added the reserved apples, onions and oils, about 3 T. balsamic vinegar, and enough vegetable stock to come half-way up the tenderloins.  I reduced the heat to medium low and cooked for about 30 min.  I think I forgot to add cinnamon.

1 comment:

Robin said...

am going to try to sub apple cider for some liquid