Sunday, March 14, 2021

Instant pot tagine

 We LOVED this instant pot moroccan chicken dish from the food network:

 https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/instant-pot-moroccan-chicken-6551992

 So flavorful! The contrast of tangy olives with sweet apricots - so good!

 A few mods I made that turned out well:

  • added 1/2 sliced red bell pepper (same step as onions)
  •  used kalamata olives rather than ones with pimentos
  • used craisins rather than prunes
  • all cilantro rather than cilantro and parsley (all parsley may actually be tastier - I just didn't want to buy both)

I served it on couscous with roasted broccoli and cauliflower (which also goes nicely with Harissa sauce!)

1 comment:

Robin said...

There is a recipe for tangine chicken frm a Williams Sonoma catalog that I have in my notebook that I've never made. Maybe its call for "tangine spice" deterred me. No more excuses. I like your subs.