Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Arugula Pesto

Finally, something that makes arugula taste good! As a main ingredient, that is: arugula pesto.
I used sunflower seeds instead of walnuts and it tasted loverly.
I made this tonight with a salmon recipe modified from the back of my "Whole Catch" Salmon package:
Preheat oven to 275. Sprinkle 6oz salmon fillet with salt & pepper. Cook on broiling pan or lightly oiled baking sheet for 12 min. Brush with a mixture of 1T melted butter, 1t lemon juice, 1t chopt cilantro (or other fresh herb). Broil for 3 min or until cooked through.
I do believe cooking is my new favorite study break/procrastination technique.

2 comments:

Jody said...

Salmon is good brain food!
Excellent study break.
Personally, I don't think its hard to make arugula taste good. I'll eat it plain in salads. I've been getting it frequently in my box. A few nights ago I sauteed it with garlic and white beans and had it with pasta and pecorino romano. Yum!

Suzanne said...

Make sure to season with salt 'n' peppa. Also, I added a handful of basil leaves this time with sexy results!