Monday, June 22, 2009

The Garlic Gratuity Grows on us

The gratuitous garlic scapes which Suzanne brought (having intended to give us kale) are once again in use: I added them to the Eggplant Slop with good results. Thus combined, they make more of a garlic statement, while giving a nice crunch. I added 4 scapes to 2 medium sized roasted eggplants, one roasted red pepper, 1/3 of a vidalia onion, some roasted cumin, jalapeno. They were still pretty prominent, so I added about 1/2 cup roasted tahini and 2 T. yogurt to sedate them.

2 comments:

Jody said...

I really enjoyed the eggplant slop while I was home, though I don't know if it had garlic scape in it. There is a recipe for Garlic Scape soup in the Supernatural cooking book Suzanne gave me for christmas.

Robin said...

Suzanne had not graced us with garlic scapes that week, so, no, the Slop was unadorned.